Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A New Twist on Church Flowers

Click image for larger view

I had an unusual opportunity on Sunday to create an offering for the parishioners for the wonderful Church of the Wayfarer in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California. The Church of the Wayfarer is an extraordinary house of worship with its meandering gardens nestled within the local charm that only Carmel-by-the Sea has to offer.

Click image for larger view
Pastor Norm Mowery is an beacon of warmth and kindness for everyone he meets. Our paths crossed recently and he suggested that I create an arrangement to share with his congregation from his bountiful garden for Sunday's service for Earth Day.

I decided to use a combination of greens and whites being it was for Earth Day. Green to me symbolizes new beginnings and white expresses a feeling of hope. I have made numerous presentations and given lots of hands on demonstrations, but never in front of a church during Sunday service.

What a treat. I thought I would share this wonderful experience with you.

Remember flowers give warmth and beauty wherever they maybe!

1 comment:

  1. Sunday's service was most memorable with Michael Merritt sharing his artistic talents. The Church of the Wayfarer was truly blessed. Norm Mowery, Pastor

    ReplyDelete